!!

Hello Guest!

Please register and post on our forum, this being a new place YOU can help build and shape THE Best Place For ToolFool Talk!
Join and you can see the pictures and download the Plans!

Author Topic: OLD MACHINE TOOL PLANS  (Read 2566 times)

Offline dennis52

OLD MACHINE TOOL PLANS
« on: June 13, 2012, 10:22:19 AM »
  Here are some of my favorite plans I have collected over the years.Some have used a steel skeleton with concrete as a casting medium for weight a vibration damping.I think (sense I've never cast anything I don't know) they would be perfect for a real iron casting. The 3 in. shaper is hand powered and would be a great tool to modify to broach keyways in pulley and gears. The old machinist were a smart lot and figured out ways to do things that astound me.I would like another 60 years,not to see the future,but learn the past.
                                                   Dennis
P.S. the powder for heat treating soft steel is Kasenite or Cherry Red,there is probably others.Kasenite is the only one I have used. It will harden about .010" deep and wears pretty well.

Offline STAN, ToolFool admin

• The ToolFool
  • Administrator
  • All Tools, all the time!
Re: OLD MACHINE TOOL PLANS
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 06:15:24 PM »
Now this is what I like! Plenty of projects and fuel for thought! I need a section devoted to these and other downloads! Attributed to the contributor. Easy to search, I, too, have a bunch of stuff I would like to share and spread the knowledge. I'll research this.
So much knowledge, So little time!
Site Owner, Tool modifier, Fool For Tools!
Pro ToolFool for over 40 years

Offline dennis52

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 07:23:44 PM »
 I have found these plans in an old hard drive that I had remove a few years ago,got some more that I need to check to see what's on them. These are J.V.Romig plans.
                                                              Dennis

Offline dennis52

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 02:54:49 PM »
Another Romig plan. The little tool grinder looks neat.Could it be made into a small surface grinder????Hummmm
Sorry they are on three separate pages,I don't have the technology to change it to one document.
  Thanks Stan for making them one document! Down load from Stans post below
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 09:33:29 PM by dennis52 »

Offline STAN, ToolFool admin

• The ToolFool
  • Administrator
  • All Tools, all the time!
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2012, 08:47:57 PM »
Here you go I combined them for you. This is a nice little rig! Be a great project, But I need a real shop, with a concrete floor first!
So much knowledge, So little time!
Site Owner, Tool modifier, Fool For Tools!
Pro ToolFool for over 40 years